DA TRADURRE.

« Older   Newer »

Group
    Amministratore
    Creepy Score
    +1,272

Status
    Anonymous
    Two very important things happened in the year 2075, The first was that humanity discovered a way to get to heaven, and the second was the apocalypse.

It turns out that on Pluto there is a region of immensely strong gravity. Strong enough that light shouldn’t have been able to escape it. But from that place on Pluto, a bright, pure light shone. It’s how we found it in the first place. Pluto’s too far away to see from the earth even with , but even in daylight everyone on earth could see that light.

Now the apocalypse was an entirely different matter. That came from under the earth and oceans. Tall creatures with smooth carapaces, and black unblinking eyes. They stood upright, but when they moved they skittered around on the ground like cockroaches. They were quick and their exoskeletons were tough, they were strong enough to tear an average human male in half and no matter how many the army killed, there would always be more to take their place.

Countries were already planning manned expeditions to investigate the anomaly on Pluto, but with the appearance of these creatures an expedition was fast tracked. I was one of the few priests chosen to accompany the astronauts on their interstellar journey to heaven. My official role was to provide morale support for the crew, but I think we all knew us priests were being sent to somehow convince whoever was on the other side to help us.

I have been steadfast in my faith, even with the apocalypse. But something I heard before we left keeps bothering me, no matter how hard I try to forget it. It was a quote that went, “I saw the face of God, and it was weeping.” I guess it upset me so because I was scared it would be true. What if when I saw God, he was weeping because he couldn’t stop what was going on. What if we were already doomed and something stronger than God had us in it’s power. These thoughts so troubled me that I half hoped our craft would crash, so I wouldn't have to find out for sure. But we made it to Pluto, and we went through to the other side.

On the other side we saw what could only be described as angels and a being that had to be God. He was immense, like us but unlike us. As we got closer, I saw that he was looking at the earth. I somehow knew he could see everything going on. As I watched him, all my previous worries were replaced by a terrifying realization. Because I saw what he saw, I saw the creatures ripping soldiers not old enough to drink apart, I saw them crush small children’s heads like grapes, I saw them dismember entire families. I saw his face as he saw all this.

I saw the face of God, and it was smiling.

0 replies since 31/3/2017, 16:09   100 views